Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update

Well we have been in Springfield for a lil over a month now and…

*Mr. Wonderful has two jobs that he enjoys. The first is a cook at a BBQ place and the second is a cook at a pizza place.

*I just got a job at Old Navy and will start with orientation on Friday. I am very excited and can’t wait to get started and meet new people.

*We both love the new city. There is stuff EVERYWHERE! Restaurants and stores and stuff just everywhere.

*I have been donating plasma twice a week since the first week we got here and it pays well for practically doing nothing but reading for an hour. Mr. Wonderful was able to finally get set up and began donating today. Together it will bring in $100 a week and we welcome the easy income. The most difficult part is the scheduling.

*We both have registered at our schools and have our schedules and are very anxious to get started. Classes, however, do not start until August.

*We are more than glad that we decided to move on up here and get settled before school starts and before winter hits. We are becoming very familiar with the community and will be comfortable in our jobs and such before diving into school.

*We have found a church to call home while we are here. The pastor is very scripture based and fun and takes a big part in the children’s and youth ministries. I love a head pastor that recognizes the value in the other ministries of the church. We also enjoy the worship and love the great mix of people we see every Sunday. This Sunday we will begin Sunday school and I am SO excited about that. I am ready to meet people and see what God has for us here.

*We have enjoyed a lil time at the pool here at our apartment complex. As well as time at the gym that is close by. We need to spend a bit more time at the gym and a lil less time eating but it will come. Ha! I have actually gained a good bit of weight. I just eat and eat and eat. Ugh. Wish it could just be easy for us. But we have GOT to get a handle on it!!

*Tater is settling in and becoming more his old self. He has found his voice again and is becoming more playful as well. He is still spoiled Rotten and sleeps the majority of the time. He’s a lazy lil man!! But we love him so much!! Don’t know what we would do without him here with us. He helps to make this a home!

*I have been able to spend the last week working on wedding photos. I am so thankful that we actually were able to get them from the photographer before we left. (Literally THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!) To say that I am disappointed and heartbroken over the way things went down with our photos and the photographer that we hired and paid in full, well it is an extreme understatement. I have never experienced someone so unconcerned with their client and so apathetic. I have never experienced such extreme lack of communication, disorganization, and EXCUSES. I believe I will do a second post on this very subject.

*We also miss miss miss our families and friends dearly! I know this is where we are supposed to be and that this is a really good thing for us all around. But we do miss our loved ones a lot. I do feel much better every day and I don’t feel like I did when first moving here and for that I am very thankful. I actually feel more at home here and feel good about being here. But it is hard having our loved ones so far away. We can’t wait to get home to see them for the holidays this year! We love them very much!

*That’s about it. We have just been exploring our new “home for now” and clinging to the Lord. We are so thankful for His faithfulness and love and calling and support and provision. We are really looking forward to what He has in store for us while we are here. I pray with all of my heart that we dive in and receive all that He has for us and that he changes and transforms us completely!

*It truly is such an honor to lay my life before the Lord and allow Him to have His way. His way is after all MUCH MUCH better than my way. I am so excited to spend this life serving Him and loving on His people and especially His children! I can’t wait to see what He has in store!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hmmm.... wonder how to donate in ATL... that seems like a super easy way to earn and help others!