Wednesday, December 31, 2008
~God increased my Faith as I watched all He did to send me to Thailand.
~God touched other's lives through sending me to Thailand.
~God delievered me from fear while in Thailand.
~Mr. Wonderful got saved.
~God released me to date Mr. Wonderful - my future husband.
~My mom was saved.
~My relationship with one of my brothers is healing and being restored.
~I let go completely of a situation I put myself in at work.
~God used me to moved mightly in hearts and lives at Kids Camp, Dicipleship Camp, Slack Attack, Sunday School.
~My brother Daniel was accepted to CBC.
~My brother Jared got engaged.
~We had our first Fourth of July party at the lake.
~I got the most thoughtful gifts for Christmas (WillowTree Nativity, Ottoman, WillowTree ornaments)
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
* I started counting points yesterday! Yay for losing weight!! I weight TOO much!!
* I am so stinking excited about this New Year!!
* I have the most amazing family ever, I am so loved!!
* I thought I was done with pink but I don't think I am. I just like it in moderation now.
* I can't wait to lose a few pounds so that I can wear my new pink sweater I got for Christmas!!
* I slept on the couch last night.
* I would love to get my eyebrows waxed!!!
* I bought Hot Oil for my hair yesterday - does that stuff really work? We'll see! My hair is so damaged.
* I am really excited about inventory tomorrow!! I really love data entry!
* I am so in the mood for rearranging everything, Desk, Living Room. I am ready for freshness!
* I seriously have the most amazing man in the whole wide world. The things he does and who he is just confirms to me all the time that he is The One God created just for ME! I am so blessed!
* Oh I cannot wait to be skinny again!
* I am looking forward to being married and being a housewife someday soon!
* I am so going to miss my brother but I know that college is going to be the best days of his life!
* I am so excited for Jared and Ashley and can't wait to watch as their life progresses!!!!
* I am So Blessed!
* I miss church, I feel like I haven't been there in forever!!
* I can't wait to get into a regular routine in Children's Church again. I want to do object lessons!!!
Ok that's enough I am going to leave you with some of my favorite pictures from Christmas (they came in the wrong order but here they are)...
Jared & Me
Daniel & Me
All of us kiddos.
Daniel loving his new tie from Mr. Wonderful
The Parents enjoying Christmas with Mr. Wonderful
Monday, December 29, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
1) Family comes together and for at least a breif time can put all differences and issues aside to celebrate together and love one another.
2) It's a time to be reminded what life is really about. Not gifts & money!!! But a sweet Savior who came so that we can have life and have it to the fullest!! Praise You Jesus!!!
3) Beautiful lights and being reminded that WE are the light in this world and we must shine so before men. (Guess what I haven't done well this year :(.)
4) Christmas music - it just makes me happy.
5) Giving gifts to those you love to show them how much you love them. - I love to watch others open gifts and know that they like or love what was selected for them.
6) Goodies & Treats Galore - I am actualy pretty sick of all the sweets, its a good thing since I will be on a very strict diet come the New Year!
7) Christmas plays - Ok so I may be biased but my kids at church put on the cutest, sweetest, most wonderful plays EVERY year!!!
8) Christmas Cards!!! I love love love love to receive Christmas cards. I only received two through mail this year but I loved them. It broke my heart not ot get cards out to everyone this year but there just wasnt the funds to cover it.
9)Christmas ornaments! I love them - my tree this year is probably my very favorite tree I have ever done!! I love to see other's trees too, the formal ones and the informal ones, it just reflects personality! I love it!
10) Home made gifts or gifts that you forgot you asked for or mentioned in like June that you have under the tree! They really are the very best gifts, thoughtful and from the heart.
Well there is my list of my Favorite things about Christmas. Not a really deep and meaningful post today. Have a Merry Day!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
YOU CAN ONLY TYPE ONE WORD!!! NO EXPLANATIONS.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
v. 4:1a "And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor."
Think about that. Why do we have to have this or have to have that? If all those around us had "mundane" things would we want this or that? If we think quite honestly about it, we strive for better things and positions because we are comparing ourselves to those around us and this world. But what if we compared ourselves to Jesus only? What kinds of things would we strive for then? It wouldn't be position or things would it?
v. 4:1b"This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."
I must say...I totally agree with that. A slap in the face in the midst of this season and struggle for me. (Thank You Father for opening my eyes.)
v. 4:6"Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind."
I want the tranquillity rather than the toil. How about you? And I certainly do not want to be wasting this time I have been given on earth chasing after the wind. I want to chase after Jesus and the lost and hurting.
v. 4:1 "Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed-and they have no comforter..."
They have no comforter. They have no comforter. They have no comforter.
That resonates in me. I have a comforter - the Holy Spirit, but they have not comforter.
Think about that. What do we have that we need to really be giving? THE Comforter.
v. 5:1-3 "Guard your steps when you go in the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few."
Heavenly Father, a new year is upon us and I am looking at the things that are important. You are important. Speaking to hearts and lives of all ages and places is important. Father I want to be humble and minister Your Love and Healing to our kids in Children's Church, to the youth, to whomever you send my way. Help me to see through YOUR eyes and not the eyes of myself or this world and not in comparision to anyone but YOUR SON JESUS. Help me to see as you have shown me today. Let my words be few. Help me to see the hurting, to see what I can give from YOU. Thank You for speaking to my heart today. Thank You for loving me always. I love you Father. Thank You for every opportunity you have given and will give to love others for You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
* Finished shopping now on to the wrapping....BUT WHEN?!?!?! It's been quite busy lately with no signs of slowing down. But it's Christmas time and I love it so much!
* Still loving Christmas music and the glow of Christmas lights twinkling in the night or aluminating my living room. These things make me smile and get all nostalgic.
* Oh how I love New Years. New starts, fresh beginnings, new chances. I am looking forward to 2009!
* Sad, Scary times. I will not be able to go to take my brother to college because of my job and the risk of cut backs again. **Sigh** Stressful, Sad, and Scary. I am thankful for my job now and I trust my Father. We will see what is ahead.
* This week has been secret santa week at work. It has been fun and a bit stressful for me to pull it off for the name I drew. I have received: Monday - Two pairs of Christmas Socks, Tuesday - A cute notebook, fuzzy pin pen, and two black pens, Wednesday - Three packs of M-N-M's (Peanutbutter, Plain, and Peanut), Coffee Cup and decoration. Fun stuff we will see what today and tomorrow brings!!
* I love giving gifts much better than receiving lately. I think I am growing up a little. However I do not enjoy being on so strict a budget for purchasing gifts for others. This does not make me happy but it does make me really consider the gifts I am able to purchase.
* Children's Church cranks back up this week!! I cannot wait!!! I MISS IT!!!
Well I guess that is all from me this morning!! Have a very Merry Day!!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
This year I am getting down to the important things of Christmas. I have been forced by finances to really think about everything I get and really pray over it and consider it and the meaning behind this whole season.
This has been the most difficult yet wonderful Christmas ever.
Yesterday was my shopping day.
Mr. Wonderful and I used up our last vacation day of the year which thankfully happened to be a pay day and we set out to conquer our shopping lists. It was a day full of prayer and frustration and some heartbreak. It was difficult to have so little money to make Christmas special for my family. I did alot of praying and asking God to give me peace with what I was able to afford. My goal was to get one thing everyone would like and want.
That however proved to be a bit difficult especially for the men in my famiy who did NOT help in giving me ideas of what they wanted. And money was an issue. I couldn't get some of the things I wanted to get for my loved ones because I could not afford it. That was very sad to me. But God gave me peace for the things I was able to get and there was alot of heart behind everything I bought and that truly is the real gift.
The gift of love and thought. That is mainly what I am giving this season and that is the way it should be!
Not only did I have peace from my Heavenly Father to cover the day but I also had Mr. Wonderful. He was amazing all day. In my frustrated moments he was patient yet kept me in check. He just encouraged me and was so very patient with me.
The day reminded me how much my Heavenly Father loves me, to give me such a gift as Mr. Wonderful to walk through life with.
It was a day with moments that confirm that waiting on God's timing was so worth it. A day that again confirmed that Mr. Wonderful is THE ONE God created just for me. I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life (eventually) with him by my side. God is so loving and caring and good and He knew just what I needed. I feel so loved and adored by my Heavenly Father as well as Mr. Wonderful. That is such a great feeling to have. I can't belive how Blessed I truly am.
1) To have a Heavenly Father who loves me and is the source of my needs
2) To have Mr. Wonderful a gift from my Heavenly Father to share my life with
3) To have such an amazing Family a gift from my Heavenly Father to love and support me - wow!
I am blessed. That is what this Christmas is all about!
Friday night Mr. Wonderful and I went to my parents to play cards and hang out. We have the best time with my family. I just love easy times laughing and just letting things flow as they flow. Nothing forced just being real. It was nice and the casserole we had for dinner was DELICIOUS!
Saturday morning was WEIRD. I was discombobulated (yes that is a word). But the day was good I went and helped Neesie and Dad paint her new office. It really is a great color Neesie!! The boys my youngest brother and Mr. Wonderful were hunting. This was Mr. Wonderful's first time to hunt. I was really excited for him. He did not shoot anything this time but I have high hopes for the future. My brother got a doe though. Sadly I got no pictures. I did want a picture of Mr. Wonderful in camo, he looked really good!!
My other brother was on a day long date with his beautiful girlfriend...it was the big date...he asked her to marry him. I was so excited all weekend just waiting for the call to say they were engaged!! Oh my gosh they were both just glowing!!! I was about to die for them to get to the house so I could hug her!! I will have a new sister and I am thrilled!!! I was awake all night dreaming of their big day and the wonderful life they are going to have!!
Sunday was incredible as well!! Sunday School was so very amazing. Well let's back it up a bit. I woke up at 6:30, yes AM. Even after being awake all night with visions of my brother's wedding dancing in my head I woke up at 6:30AM. But it was God who woke me up and I knew He has something to say to me. I got up and listened. About 45 minutes into my quiet time with my Heavenly Father I received a text telling me I would be teacing Sunday School alone that morning. I knew then that God had me up that morning for a reason. We are doing a Sunday School with Junior High and High School girls called Lady in Waiting. I will tell you this. God was preparing the way by waking me up at 6:30AM! We went very deep, some testimonies were shared starting with mine, there was barely a dry eye in the room when we finally left well after the first song had started in the sanctuary. INCREDIBLE what God did in that room Sunday morning! Thank YOU LORD for YOUR awesome work in hearts and lives!!!
Church was good, it was nice to be in big church, but I am ready to get Children's Church cranked back up!!! I can't wait!!
We then went to have lunch with my brother's fiance's family and that was fun. I think the families will mesh well together. We just love Ashley so much!! We then just spent the afternoon ho humming around the house watching TV and visiting.
Then we had the youth Christmas party, which was so fun and funny!! The kids had a GREAT time and the treats were so good!!!
What a Happy and Wonderful weekend!
I am truly thankful for Happy times!
God is Good At All Times!
Friday, December 12, 2008
God is still Faithful. He is always Faithful. My enemy wants me to believe that my Heavenly Father is not faithful or loving or in control or that He has not changed me. I don't believe him at all. I know who my Father is and I am standing on His Word and Promises.
Monday, December 08, 2008
* The most amazing kids ever!
* My favorite play that we have done
* So incredibly blessed by the opportunity to work with the kids
* I loved going to the nursing home and getting to sit in the floor with the kids
* THE KIDS DID A GREAT JOB!!
Friday, December 05, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we REJOICE in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2
Is there anything else? Anything else that really matters?
In this time of financial strife and general stress is there anything that trumps this awesome promise? I'd say nothing even comes close.
God has shown Himself Faithful to me again and again, even just this week. He is going to be faithful to me today too. Ocassionally He just reminds me of the basics. This is a basic truth that spoke so LOUDLY to me this morning. We have cause to REJOICE everyday no matter what strife or stress we face. We have hope in Jesus. JOY TO THE WORLD...THE LORD IS COME...Jesus came so that we may have life and have it to the fullest...The fullest JOY. The fullest HOPE. The fullest PEACE. The fullest LOVE. Those are the riches of life. Not money, things or fame. We can have these things everyday.
I have these things today...
I have JOY in my heart.
I have HOPE for my day and my future.
I have PEACE in my life.
I have LOVE from my Heavenly Father, My Family, My friends, Myself.
Sweet Heavenly Father,
Thank You for reminding me of this basic truth. I needed this reminder. You are so faithful and wonderful. I praise You and You alone. Praise You Jesus! You are Holy and Worthy of Praise. I love you and give this day to you. I know that is all you ask, that I simply give myself and my life and my days to You and You will take care of things. Today I seek You first and let you have it all to add or take away as you see best. I love You Lord Jesus. I love You Heavenly Father. I love You Holy Spirit. I am yours, I choose You. I give you all that this day holds and I trust you in all of it. Thank You for taking care of me. Thank You for Loving me. In Jesus precious name I pray. Amen.
Monday, December 01, 2008
My Faithful Heavenly Father
Time spent with family
Seeing my Sweetie after a Holiday apart
A clean house
Hallmark Christmas Movies
Safe in the arms of Love
Matthew 6:8, "for your Father knows what you need..." (NIV)