Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Heavenly Father...

* Is amazing
* So Faithful
* Speaks to me anytime I will stop to listen
* Never treats me as I deserve
* Loves me like I have never ever been loved before or will be loved again
* Has worked in my life everyday since I gave my heart to Him 7 years ago
* Never fails me
* Is Trustworthy
* Is my Bail Out (ha ha had to throw that one in there)
* Blows me away

So as crazy as it seems, I have been blown away yet again by my Heavenly Father. I just simply do not deserve His love and the wonderful things He does for me. I never deserve it. I am so human (ick!). But He never ever treats me as my human nature deserves. I love that I can sit down with my journal and listen and write pages of His words to me. Yes I have pages of God talking to me. I do not sit and listen enough. But when I do I am blessed and encouraged and disciplined and loved every single time. He never fails. I sometimes am quite scared of what He will say to me, and I am always surprised at the gentleness in which He speaks even when He is correcting me. I know I have a Father who I will always be able to rely on and trust no matter how stupidly I behave or how distant I have grown. He is always there with arms wide open awaiting my time and ear and heart.

Tomorrow Children's Church gets back on a regular schedule and outline. The Christmas play is behind us and it is time to get back to teaching. I could not be more excited. I cannot wait to get in there with my kids and teach God's love. Teach it with songs, games, object lessons, puppets, and time. I love time with those kids and I am looking forward to time praying with them this year. I want to get down in the altars with them and let God move mightily in their hearts and lives. I am drawn so to Children's Ministry because my heart is for kids to know EARLY how much God loves them so that as they face life's challenges (and they will face life's challenges), they know that they always have a loving God with them no matter what. I wish I had know that there was a God who loved me when I was growing up. I know it would have made a world of a difference in my life and my the decisions I made growing up. I want kids to know young that God will never leave them and He will always love them and that they can always turn to Him in every circumstance.
There are so many circumstances that kids face that they have absolutely no control over, and they need to know that God is in control and that they can trust Him and turn to Him for help, even when they cannot turn to anyone else. Especially kids who have troubled homes and parents. That is not something a child can control -- their parents. But they can have a peace no matter what their life is like knowing that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them and is with them every moment of every day. No matter what is happening around them or to them, He is there and they can trust Him and know that He loves them. That is my heart.

My heart is to love Children, to love Youth, to love People. People of all ages and walks of life. To love people with God's love, the love that He has given me for them. My heart is ministry. God created me for ministry. I love my calling and I cannot wait to dive into it. I will however wait and follow my Lord as HE leads the way.

Father my life belongs to you. Thank you for your faith in me and for using me to touch hearts and lives and to bring healing and salvation. I pray that this new year Lord will hold many many opportunities to love your children and draw them closer to you. I pray for opportunities to love kids, youth, and adults and bring them closer to you and closer to and understanding of Your love and healing. I pray Father that tomorrow be as amazing as ever and that Your Spirit would fall and heal and restore. I love you Father with all of my heart and my life is yours. Thank you for loving me the way you love me. Thank you for the gifts that you have given me. My family, My future husband, My friends, ministry, a church family, and mostly the gift of knowing you and being loved by you and getting to serve you and love your people. I love you so much Father. Thank you for who you are. In Jesus name. Amen.

1 comment:

JMBMOMMY said...

" To love people with God's love, the love that He has given me for them. " I think this sums of the Christain life! Love your heart!