Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Word speaking today...

Ecclesiastes 4
v. 4:1a "And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor."

Think about that. Why do we have to have this or have to have that? If all those around us had "mundane" things would we want this or that? If we think quite honestly about it, we strive for better things and positions because we are comparing ourselves to those around us and this world. But what if we compared ourselves to Jesus only? What kinds of things would we strive for then? It wouldn't be position or things would it?

v. 4:1b"This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."

I must say...I totally agree with that. A slap in the face in the midst of this season and struggle for me. (Thank You Father for opening my eyes.)

v. 4:6"Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind."

I want the tranquillity rather than the toil. How about you? And I certainly do not want to be wasting this time I have been given on earth chasing after the wind. I want to chase after Jesus and the lost and hurting.

v. 4:1 "Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed-and they have no comforter..."

They have no comforter. They have no comforter. They have no comforter.
That resonates in me. I have a comforter - the Holy Spirit, but they have not comforter.
Think about that. What do we have that we need to really be giving? THE Comforter.

v. 5:1-3 "Guard your steps when you go in the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few."


Heavenly Father, a new year is upon us and I am looking at the things that are important. You are important. Speaking to hearts and lives of all ages and places is important. Father I want to be humble and minister Your Love and Healing to our kids in Children's Church, to the youth, to whomever you send my way. Help me to see through YOUR eyes and not the eyes of myself or this world and not in comparision to anyone but YOUR SON JESUS. Help me to see as you have shown me today. Let my words be few. Help me to see the hurting, to see what I can give from YOU. Thank You for speaking to my heart today. Thank You for loving me always. I love you Father. Thank You for every opportunity you have given and will give to love others for You. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for this.