Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Rejoice.

Rejoice.


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we REJOICE in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2




Is there anything else? Anything else that really matters?


In this time of financial strife and general stress is there anything that trumps this awesome promise? I'd say nothing even comes close.


God has shown Himself Faithful to me again and again, even just this week. He is going to be faithful to me today too. Ocassionally He just reminds me of the basics. This is a basic truth that spoke so LOUDLY to me this morning. We have cause to REJOICE everyday no matter what strife or stress we face. We have hope in Jesus. JOY TO THE WORLD...THE LORD IS COME...Jesus came so that we may have life and have it to the fullest...The fullest JOY. The fullest HOPE. The fullest PEACE. The fullest LOVE. Those are the riches of life. Not money, things or fame. We can have these things everyday.


I have these things today...


I have JOY in my heart.
I have HOPE for my day and my future.
I have PEACE in my life.
I have LOVE from my Heavenly Father, My Family, My friends, Myself.


Sweet Heavenly Father,
Thank You for reminding me of this basic truth. I needed this reminder. You are so faithful and wonderful. I praise You and You alone. Praise You Jesus! You are Holy and Worthy of Praise. I love you and give this day to you. I know that is all you ask, that I simply give myself and my life and my days to You and You will take care of things. Today I seek You first and let you have it all to add or take away as you see best. I love You Lord Jesus. I love You Heavenly Father. I love You Holy Spirit. I am yours, I choose You. I give you all that this day holds and I trust you in all of it. Thank You for taking care of me. Thank You for Loving me. In Jesus precious name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Kari Dawson said...

Thank you for your always sweet words and your prayers! You are so right on! I read the very same thing as I go through Purpose Driven Life again on day 14. It is so descriptive and so good and an awesome reminder of what he endured for us! For me, for you, for even our enemy! He is LOVE!