Thursday, December 23, 2010

Struggle

I am struggling...

It barely feels like Christmas and it's two days away...

I am struggling to find the Christmas feeling so far away from family and friends and all the parties, activities, plans, and shopping.

I miss home and our family and friends. I miss being so surrounded with everyone who loves us!

I just can't wait for the day we get back home!!! I am ready to be there!! I know the trip home will be too short but I am thankful for every little second we will once again be surrounded by those we love and who love us!!!

I wish I wasn't struggling so much but this is the place that I am in.

Even with the struggle I know the reason for the season...I am more thankful than EVER for Jesus in our lives. We would not make it without Him. I am so very excited to spend our lives serving Him. I am praying that we do that better and better every year. I know I have much much much to improve on!!!

I am looking forward to January. To the ending of this year and the beginning of another. Who knows what lies ahead in 2011!!

Father, Thank You for You and for sending Your Son to die for our sins and to make a way to have relationship with You. You are truly amazing and I am so Thankful for You in our lives. I give you all the days left in this year and I give all the days for the rest of our lives. May we serve YOU all the days of our lives!!! In Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Merry Christmas! Sorry that this season has been a stretch emotionally for you. It was a good reminder for me to feel this season thru another's eyes/heart. May God richly bless you where you are!

amy (metz) walker said...

I am sorry to know you are struggling. This seemed to be a rough time of year for so many this year, myself included. Hope you are feeling a bit better...