Thursday, November 01, 2012
Third Anniversary Trip to BRANSON Missouri
Hubby and I decided to go to Branson this year for our 3rd anniversary. We want to do some of the bigger things now while we are able to. So off we went on the 45 minute drive to Branson! One of the things we love about Branson is that it IS so close so we did not have to spend a lot of time or money on the traveling, we could spend it on the FUN!
We stayed in a simple hotel that had a great bathtub, so I got to take relaxing baths everday! Loved that!!
Here is a day by day of our trip:
• We had lunch at Bair’s on the way out of town. Bair’s is a great hamburger place in Springfield that Marshall loves. They have aprox. 40 different hamburger choices!
• We checked into our hotel and purchased our tickets to all of the shows & activities that we wanted to do while in town.
• Our first – The TITANIC exhibit and Museum. We were both 3rd class passengers who survived. It was a beautiful and historical museum and it was very fun and interesting. We enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the deck simulations and my favorite thing was the grand staircase. So beautiful!
• We went to Ripley’s Believe it or Not and had a blast seeing all the extraordinary things there! We were especially impressed with the tallest man!
• Next we went to dinner at Outback and had an excellent meal and service. My food was delicious!
• We slept in :)
• Walked around at the Landing and old town Branson. We found some ALABAMA treasures in a pawnshop, got candy and old drinks at the candy shop, and had fun exploring and holding hands.
• We went to The Hollywood Wax Museum and hung out with our favorites Hollywood characters such as: Nicholas Cage, Shanghi Noon, Jack Dawson, Jeff Gordan, Forrest Gump, The Men in Black, & Indiana Jones.
• We played Hollywood Mini Golf and I came really close to beating Marshall. We love mini golf!
• Dixie Stampede: Oh my was this a wonderful experience. We loved the preshow and we loved the food and the show was great too! It was a Christmas show and I was not quite ready to be seeing a Christmas show as I was wanting to enjoy FALL, but it was still a really good show and WE LOVED DIXIE STAMPEDE a lot!
• We got up and went out in hopes of getting our room cleaned.
• We walked grabbed snacks and coffee and went and walked around a sweet little Christmas village (Grand Village). I loved this of course! Hubby was just trying to kill time until he could relax and watch football!
• We went back to the room to relax! Hubby watched football and napped while I worked on creating a photo book that Hubby bought me on groupon.
• Acrobats of CHINA: We enjoyed this show. The acrobatics were amazing and I have no idea how they do that. I felt the show was a bit awkward with the clapping moments but overall it was great! It was a TWO hour show!
• We grabbed dinner at a Hibachi buffet that was terrible and headed back to the room to watch the Alabama Game! Hubby watched the game while I watched Gilmore Girls and soaked in the bath!
• It was a lovely relaxing day!
• We had a country lunch and yummy homemade dessert at McFarland’s after fleeing the smoky sports bar we tried first.
• The Legend of Kung Fu: We really loved this show. The sets were amazing and the acrobatics and story line were wonderful. We really enjoyed this show.
• We rode go karts and had a blast flying around the tracks and laughing and racing each other.
• We did a little shopping at the Outlet mall. We got shoes and iZod clothing and just enjoyed meandering around holding hands.
• We enjoyed an Indian dinner. I love curry! It was very yummy! (thanks Groupon)
• We grabbed Krispy kreme and headed back to the room to relax and watch more football and Gilmore Girls!
• Last days of trips are the saddest!
• We got up and packed up and checked out
• We headed to the Landing to – RIDE THE TRAIN!!
• Hubby stopped and bought me a Starbucks
• Branson Scenic Railway: We enjoyed a 1 hour and 45 minute ride through the Ozark Mountains. We boarded first so we secured a spot on the Dome Car and had a bird’s eye view of the beautiful scenery. We met some fun older people and had some good conversation about politics, the south, & Branson!
• We had lunch at the Landing at Charlie’s Subs our fav and then we headed back home and back to reality!
Our trip was very relaxing and lovely. It gave us time to enjoy each other and reconnect and to reflect on the year past and plan and set goals for the year ahead.
Our main goal for the year ahead…
In our vows there is a line that says: “ I pray that others see Your loved in the way that we love each other”.
This line is speaking of others seeing God’s love by the way Marshall and I love each other. Our goal in this next year of marriage and in the years ahead is to love each other big and well so that others see God’s love reflected in our marriage.
We are blessed to have a Heavenly Father that loves us so much and we want nothing more than to reflect that love in all we do, say, and in the ways that we treat each other.
Here’s to many many beautiful years ahead!
I love you Marshall Seth Trotter and I am still giddy and honored to be your Wife! I pray that I love you better in this next year that all the previous years before! I love doing life with you and I love walking this journey with you. You fill my life with so much joy, love, and happiness and I am thankful EVERYDAY for you and that God shares you with me! He is faithful and good and He is indeed the center of our lives!
Thank you for a wonderful weekend away and for all of the love and fun we have together EVERYDAY! I love you!