Comparison is a thief of joy and life.
When we begin to compare ourselves to others we are ultimately ripping away the good things that God us given us individually.
Comparison is an ugly and devastating thief and liar.
Comparison lies and says that what someone else has is better or makes them better. Oh dear children of God…WHAT A LIE.
God does not make mistakes. He did not make a mistake with you. The color of your hair, the build of your body, the place you are in.
What we must do is:
1. Take responsibility for ourselves. If we don’t like our body…are we treating God’s creation right? If we don’t like the place we are in…are we listening to God and in His will alone?
2. STOP! Stop looking outside of our Creator for happiness and joy and life. STOP! JUST STOP!
3. Be Sweet. Be sweet to and about yourself. Be sweet to and about others.
I find there are two main ways that we use the thief and liar that is comparison.
1. To make ourselves MISERABLE!! When we choose to believe the lie that what others have is better that what we have we absolutely make ourselves miserable. Stop and focus on God in your life and where He has you and get real with Him and just LEAVE OTHERS OUT OF IT. It truly is just between you and God!
2. To make ourselves “Feel Better”. This is when we look at others and think, hhmmm at least I am doing this better or at least I have this and they don’t. We think that we are making ourselves feel better doing that, but oh NO NO NO don’t you be deceived dear child of God; for that too is a LIE! Our lives were not meant to be compared to others! We were all created by God with our own purposes and plans and God did NOT make a mistake with us or them!
No we were created to PREACH THE GOSPEL to SHARE GOD’S GREAT LOVE AND SALVATION!
That is the business we should be attending to and I believe if we are at our Father’s business then…
1. We won’t have time to waste comparing ourselves to others
2. We will find joy and contentment that we never knew could exist!
3. We will find a love for ourselves and others that God created us to have!
COMPARISON IS A THEIF AND A LIAR. Sweet child of God (talking to me here) DO NOT BE DECEIVED! Take your eyes off them and you and put them on HIM!! Focus on being about our Father’s business!