Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bumps in the road

Ggggrrr
Ggggrrr
Ggggrrr
I know that bumps in the road are designed to teach us and make us stronger...and wow that just reminded me of a scripture I used to cling too...hhhmmm...I need to re-visit that...Romans 5:3-5
3Not only so, but we[a] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
yes I very much believe I need to cling to this in my disappointment today...
I had a goal to not over draw my account this year...well I haven't even made it out of January and my accoutn is overdrawn...talk about being disappointed...I cried this morning...but yet I still decided to press onward and forward...no matter how disappointed I felt...I am learning and I am aware that I need effort in this area...I guess that is a start...I am holding to that...I HATE MONEY...by the way...HATE IT...however I have been faithful in my tithes thus far this year and that is THE most important thing...and I know I will be okay...that God will take care of me...and I belive that with all my heart...and I do believe that I WILL have victory over this area in my life becuase I am an overcomer and more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus...I am standing on my Word this year and I will not be moved...in the words of 33Miles and their song Stand Amazed:
I don’t really know how long forever is
But that’s how long I’m gonna give my life
Everything I face, it tries to tear me down
No I won’t back away from the sacrifice

I won’t forget what you’re love means to me
You’re always there to light my way
(Chorus)
When all the lights go down and the world is quiet
No one is around
I wanna be the same man that will serve you then
Like I serve you now
That my convictions never change
O let my need for you remain
As real as the moment I was saved
I will always stand amazed
Sometimes my heart desires such selfish things
When the moment comes help me to trust
Something better that you have for me
If I could just hold on to you enough
I won’t forget what you’re love means to me
You’re always there to light my way
(Chorus)
You will be my strength when I am weak
When I wanna give in and not turn the other cheek
Let this be the prayer that I speak
That I speak


Thank you Lord for hope today in the midst of my disappointment...that is new for me...and I give YOU the glory for it!!
Thank you for the blessing you sent my way today!
Thank you for always being you in my life!!
I love you Father!!
In Jesus Saving name.
Amen

No comments: