Friday, May 27, 2011

One Year Ago

We packed up our life as we knew it and moved away to follow God’s calling on our lives.

We left our home, family, friends, comforts, and salaries.

We took a leap of faith.

When not everyone could or would understand we followed God.

We were supported and questioned. We questioned ourselves at times.

That was the scariest thing I had EVER done in my life. It was hard. It hurt. It was exciting. It felt good. It was God’s will.

All I can say is WOW!

We have been blown away by God time and time again. He has been faithful and so very very good to us.

We have been here a year and God has completely transformed everything we thought we knew. He has blessed us above and beyond and He has shed His light on our path.

Incredible. Our God is truly Incredible.

Currently I have completed my freshman year at Central Bible College. I have a 3.6 GPA. I have approximately one year left and will hopefully graduate with my brother May of next year with a few classes left to complete the summer after graduation. Hubby has changed his course from teaching to Church Leadership. He has been accepted to Central Bible College and will be starting their degree completion in August. He will graduate approximately the December after I do. God is birthing a vision in us for Children’s/Family Ministry. We want to work together to see the Families and Children of this world touched and changed and welcomed into the Kingdom of God. We are both currently working at Old Navy. Hubby works on the shipment team in the mornings and is up for a great promotion if I can find another job. Since we are married I have to leave for him to be promoted. I hope to be offered a job at Cato closer to our new lil apt. We have moved to the North side of the city and are approximately 3 minutes away from the church that we both love and where we work weekly in the Kid’s church and with Wednesday night classes and where I am currently interning and 4 minutes away from our school. Hubby also works at a deli and he loves the people there.

We are thankful and grateful and humbled and blown away at this last year. We look forward to what God has for us ahead.

No comments: