Wednesday, August 01, 2012
A lil’ Trotter Update
We are coming to the end of:
Our first summer in ministry
• it has been unbelievable to say the least
• we took our first group of kids to camp (33) and it was really awesome in so many ways
o It was different being at camp as the pastor – much different
o We were blown away by the amount of kids that came!
o We learned a lot about where our kids stand and we better understand the road ahead of us now.
o We connected with our students on a deeper level & that is one of my very favorite things about kids camp
• We have learned that we have to find ways to connect with the kids as it is not as easy to do so now that we are leading
o But this is still one of our top priorities – we love our students so very much
Our third year of marriage
• it has been so wonderful, I feel like we have grown the most this year
• this year was easier than the second (I believe that was our toughest year)
• I believe we have learned so much more about each other and learned to love each other so much more
• I am still so very much in love with my husband and he still takes my breath away everyday
Our third summer of living in Missouri
• Being this far from family is not easy at all but we have made the effort to visit and keep our relationships as strong as possible
• In some ways the distance has been really wonderful for our relationships
o We take full advantage of all the time we get with family
o We appreciate each other more
o Hubby and I have learned to depend on each other and that we can indeed trust each other
Life sure does move fast. It is unbelievable to me that we have been married and in Missouri this long and that I have graduated from Bible College and Hubby is right behind me (he graduates in March) and that we have been in ministry already for seven months.
In everything the one thing that remains is God’s incredible love and faithfulness.
We serve one incredible God, one who loves and cares more deeply and completely than anyone on this earth could and for that I am truly truly thankful. I depend on my Heavenly Father more now than ever before and that is exactly where I always want to be.
Thank you Father for your love and faithfulness and for so much more than I could ever put words to.