Monday, April 05, 2010

Assuredly Not!

Hebrews 13:5 (Amp)

…For He God Himself has said,

I will not in any way fail you

Nor give you up

Nor leave you without support.

I will not, I will not, I will not

In any degree leave you helpless

Nor forsake you

Nor let you down

(or Relax My hold on you)!

Assuredly Not!

If there has ever been a time in my life that I needed this kind of assurance it is now.

God is Faithful and He has proven that to me time and time again.

I will continue to trust Him.

It sure is good to have this reminder straight from His love letter to me.

This past and current year have probably been some of the most stressful in my life.

But again God truly is Faithful and over and over again He has shown His Faithfulness to me.

I know that we will continue to see God’s Faithfulness. I want to always acknowledge it as well.

I think acknowledging the good in our lives as God’s hand increases our Faith.

It’s easy to get prideful and want to give the credit to ourselves or others but ultimately it is God.

It is God who places people in our lives or blessings in our lives or favor in our lives.

When we belong to Him, it is Him who provides.

We belong to Him. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

My Husband and I love our Faithful Lord and we seek after Him.

We will acknowledge His work in our lives and not give credit to ourselves or others or this world.

In doing so I believe our faith will be increased and God will continue to be faithful to us because we are willing to give Him the credit that ONLY HE Deserves.

John 1:16

“From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.”

Hebrews 11:1

“Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

The verse from Hebrews at the top is absolutely true.

Yet it does not mean that we won’t face hard times, that we won’t shed tears, that we won’t feel at times as if the very world itself is crashing in around us. We simply must remember that in those times God is teaching us something, strengthening our faith, our walk, and preparing us for what only He knows lies ahead. Just like any parent would equip their child for things to come.

“Sometimes God uses the fight to strengthen muscles we’ll need at the next level in our lives. If yesterday’s wimp is going to become tomorrow’s warrior, something has to happen today.” (From a Blog I read last week)

Just like a good parent would not shelter their child from any and all danger because that would debilitate the child, neither does our Heavenly Father promise that life will be perfect and wonderful and neither does He shelter us from any and all danger. We must learn by experiencing things. God is a good God, and He will never give us more than we can handle but He will allow us to learn and grow so that we may 1. Grow closer to Him and 2. Become stronger in our faith and convictions and 3. Share that faith and Him with the world around us.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great post! Miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.