Friday, April 10, 2009

God's Faithfulness.

Happy Friday to you all!

I wanted to share a story of God's Faithfulness to encourage and uplift all who read.

Money has been tight. My job cut my hours a couple of months ago and it has been a bit difficult.

However, God has been speaking to me about being faithful in giving my tithe again. He said Trust me and I will be Faithful to you.

I determined in my heart that I was going to be faithful in my tithe no matter what.

Just before payday I over spent last week and it indeed hit my bank hard. I knew that if I gave my tithe I would not have the money to pay all the bills that needed to be paid.

But I was still determined to give my tithe. I made sure that was the first check I wrote and I turned it in with joy in my heart.

I was not looking for anything when I turned in that check, I just wanted to be obediant to the Lord. And it felt so good to be obediant.

I woke up Tuesday morning remembering another bill that needed to be paid and trying to balance in my head what I could let go in order to get this one paid as it had to be paid. I had to rework the plan that I had established so that I could be faithful in my tithe.

Well let me just tell you that God has His own plan and it is much better than mine and His includes a Blessing for my obediance.

Now I know that when we are obediant to the Lord especially in paying tithes and offerings that the Lord is faithful and blesses us in return. But when I gave my tithe I did not think anything about the blessing that may come. I was just wanting to be obediant and I knew that no matter what things would be okay. Even if something got turned off because I couldn't pay it, my basic needs were going to be taken care of in my obediance.

But God goes above and beyond taking care of only our basic needs, He blesses. Let me tell you how...

As I said in the beginning of this post, my hours had been cut at work, they cut one day a week which is two days of pay taken from my pay checks.

Monday we were told that we would get to work at one of our retail stores on one of our days off. I was so very thankful and considered that a huge blessing. I knew God was being faithful to me.

When I came in to work Tuesday our schedule for working was sitting in my inbox. When I looked at the schedule I realized that not only will I be working on one of my days off but on two of my days off. Which means I will get a full paycheck on the 15th.

Gals, that is God's faithfulness. I am one of two ladies that got two days instead of just one day. I was so thankful for the one day to be added back, but God went above and beyond and gave me two days which will bring me back to full pay for the next paycheck.

I should be able to pay all my bills if I am not frivilous as I was last pay period.

God honors and rewards our obediance. He knows what is best for us. He doesn't ask us to do something and then punish us for it. He takes care of His children abundantly.

God is who He says He is.
He can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God's Word is alive and active in me.

Father, Thank You for speaking to me about obediance, for loving me enough to correct me. And thank you for your Faithfulness to me. Thank you for your blessings. Thank You Father. Thank You. In Jesus name. Amen.


2 comments:

Paige said...

Isn't our God so faithful?? I'm so glad you had the opportunity to obey and rely on his provision...and that he PROVIDED MORE ABUNDANTLY than you expected!

Praising him with you today!

JMBMOMMY said...

Thanks for sharing--great testimony! He is soo faithful!