Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update

Friday my in-laws came into town. We cooked burgers & tots and ate and watched football. They left early the next morning to head to the Bama game.

Saturday the hubby & I made Thanksgiving dinner for my mom. The day & the food turned out great!

Saturday night I wanted to take the hubby to see a movie I knew he’d like. Blind Side. G-R-E-A-T movie – go see it! The first two showings were sold out but they schedule a third and we got tickets to that. We went to do some Christmas shopping before our movie. We had someone send us a sweet gift from our registry that we ended up not needing and so we were able to use the money from that to buy a huge portion of our Christmas gifts. Huge blessing. The sad part is that we have no idea who to thank for the gift as it came in the mail unmarked. We are very Thankful to whoever it was.

Sunday hubby got up and made bacon for our Sunday School class, we practiced the play songs on the way to church, I got to see my brother who is home from college!!!, Sunday School was great and Children’s Church went good. I can tell the kids are very tired of practicing the play, but it will all be worth it. And we got to end with some fun songs that made me miss regular children’s church and leading worship!!!

Sunday after church we headed to my parents to celebrate my dad’s birthday. I was beyond excited to give dad the gift we found for him. I knew it would be something he wanted and would love. We had a yummy lunch and fun time chatting and dad had a great birthday!! We had yummy strawberry pie for dessert. Then dad headed off to the airport and the Mr. and I headed home.

Sunday evening we watched TV and I worked on getting my three miniature Christmas trees decorated. I decided to go ahead and put them out and it made me exceedingly happy. I love seeing them out. But right now I have fall decorations and Christmas decorations out. Ha! I am ready for all the Christmas stuff to be out!!

It was a really really nice weekend full of family and fun and sprinkled with Christmas!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Love the update! Glad things are going well with you friend!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!=)