Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Berfday…

Today is my hubby’s berfday & my heart is happy because today he is here at his mom’s side for his birthday.

My heart is thankful.

Yesterday I looked over to see them holding hands and it just filled my heart to the brim.

They are so much alike. She doesn’t like to be fussed over, she just needed him to sit by her and hold her hand. I know it made her day. Just to know and feel loved and that is all.

In all the loudness and chaos that was around at that moment there was quiet strength and love being transferred and that was all that mattered in that moment.
My heart is full and thankful.

I am thankful that my hubby got to wake up in his mama’s house on his birthday and sit next to her and take care of whatever she may need today.

I am thankful beyond words that this beautiful woman raised such a wonderful man that God chose to share with me.

I am thankful for all she has taught him and shown him and for all of the memories they share together. I am thankful that she loves him so much and tells him often. I am thankful for the strength she has shown and continues to show. It truly blows me away.

I am thankful that she took me into this family so readily and has loved me too. My heart is thankful.

Today I just want to let my heart be thankful for what we have and not focus so much on the petty things we may not have. This is what we have right here and right now and it is what matters at this moment. It is precious and priceless. We have time with her today.

God has blessed me so, with such an incredible husband that works hard, loves openly, and worships and seeks Him, one who is not afraid to follow God call no matter how hard or far away it is, one who loves me and cherishes me.


No comments: