Friday, August 21, 2015

Life Update 8.21.15


So wow...I am a Parent!! That's right I have a SON!!

Easton Martin Trotter was born July 15th, 2015 at 9:30am via C-Section (he was breech). He weighed in at 8lbs 3oz and was 19.5 inches long. His cry was the most amazing sound I have ever heard!

Currently it is nap time for our sweet 5 week and 2 day old baby boy and mommy is enjoying a moment of quiet after a few rough hours.

Oh the many emotions of motherhood. Seriously no one can ever really prepare you for the craziness that is being a mom.

Paranoia, exhaustion, I want space and then I miss him like crazy, happy, sad, oh the many feelings.

Oh and the mess...heavens the mess!! The poop and the spit up and the slobber and the pee and the leaking boobs!!

But oh the sweet moments that more than make up for all of the difficult moments. When that baby boy looks at me or smiles or cuddles into me...I don't care one bit that just this morning I was covered in spit up or poop or peed on. I don't care that he cried for 20 minutes straight because his tummy hurt and there was little I could do but hold him while he struggled. I don't care one bit that he woke up in his car seat while I was pumping and clawed his face to the point of bleeding (yeah that made me feel like a horrible mom)!

So our days are full of ups and downs of trying to figure each other out and I am absolutely loving every single moment, even the difficult ones, even when I am so tired and exhausted and I don't want to see another dirty diaper.

Being a mom is the absolute HARDEST thing I have ever done but it is equally the most AMAZING thing I have ever experienced too and I am so thankful for every single moment. I am so thankful for every cry and smile, for every snuggle and dirty diaper, for every sleepless hour that I stare into my baby boys eyes.

I am so honored that God chose us to be this little boy's parents and I love watching him grow. It doesn't make me sad at all to see him grow and change for I know that is exactly what God created him for. I love seeing him do new things and get stronger and bigger everyday!

I would not trade this time for anything!

So life these days are filled with nursing and bottle feeding, changing diapers, rocking, singing, tummy time, naps, pacifiers, snuggles, washing clothes, sorting through clothes to find what fits and does not fit, working toward transitioning to formula before I go back to work and he goes to daycare, working on napping without being rocked so hopefully his transition to daycare is easier, short walks outside, pumping, and just soaking up every single moment as we watch this amazing little happy boy grow.

He is a joy, he is laid back, he likes to eat and sleep and struggles to poop, he likes to rock and he has already rolled over (belly to back) FOUR times, he nurses well but likes the bottle too, he loves to be swaddled, he adores his Daddy and has five of the best grandparents that love him sooo much.

His eyes are still blue but Daddy and Boo think they are beginning to turn green, mommy hopes they stay blue like Daddy's.

At his One Month check up he weighed 10lbs 1oz and was 22.5 inches long and is doing great!

We are beginning to figure each other out and are settling into a pretty good routine, he eats about every 3 hours (4oz), he is usually awake from 30 mins to an hour after he eats and then he fights sleep and finally naps. He is sleeping anywhere from 2.5-3 hours at night.

Life is fun and sweet and exhausting and we wouldn't change a thing!

Marshall is still loving his job and they love him. He is an amazing Daddy and to see those two together just does something in-explainable to my heart! Marshall works so incredibly hard and then comes home and works on the yard or takes the baby or washes dishes, he is so Wonderful. On Friday nights he takes the night shift so mommy can rest (we've just started this so mommy is adjusting).

In June we stepped down from our position at the church...it was such a difficult decision but it brought so much freedom and life back to us. Sunday we visited a new church, we liked it but are not committed yet. We know that we will have a time of re-building before going back into ministry and what that will look like we have no idea. We know God has a plan for us and that He is with us all the way, in the good and not so good. We are very saddened and surprised at how our last position turned out and that it had to end like it did, that was not what we expected but we know that God is teaching us so much through it all. We know that there is hope and a future for us.

We love our home and this area and we cannot wait to see what God has in store for our sweet little family.

No comments: