Friday, July 23, 2010

Football…and other thoughts

So the other night I asked Mr. Wonderful what I should write about and he said…football.

So here is my blog about football.

I have a love hate relationship with football. I hate it really quickly when football season starts because I am absolutely saturated in it. But I love it because my husband LOVES it. He and his family eat sleep and breathe Alabama football as well as my brother.

I am actually excited about the upcoming football season simply because we are here in Missouri and my brother is here as well as another young man we love and all three of them are huge Alabama football fans. I am looking forwarding to having game day get togethers to watch the games together.

I could care less about football for the most part but I am excited about how much they love it and how excited they get about it and I love them and love when they are happy so football makes me happy.

I also hope that I will get some studying done during the games, if I can study through the screaming of the wild banshees.

I’m not sure that I have much more to say about football. Ha. That’s all I got!

Sorry honey, hope you are not too disappointed, I did try.

………..

Change…

I have gone through a MASSIVE amount of Change in the last couple years.

I went from being single for 8 years to dating.

I went from having a job of 9 years to being laid off for the first time in my life.

I went from dating to engaged.

I went from being the person who knew everything about a job/company to knowing absolutely nothing at a job.

I went from being sane to insane as we planned our wedding.

I went from being single to married.

I went from living alone to living with a man.

We went from having two cars to having one car.

I went from not having bangs to having bangs. Puke.

We went from living in Alabama to living in Missouri.

We went from being close to family and friends to being more than eight hours away from family and friends.

We went from having comfortable cushy jobs to having not so cushy jobs.

We went from having a church family to having to find a new church family.

We went from one bathroom to two bathrooms.

We went from having a regular sleep patter to having no regular sleep pattern.

And soon we will go from no studying to LOTS of studying.

A lot of changes. A lot of big ole changes.

I think that I have always loved the idea of change but when it gets right down to it some of the changes have been very hard and have taken a lot of adjustments. I am not very good within the changes, I don’t balance well and I become very emotional.

However…and this is a big however…this is THE however…

HOWEVER, GOD IS FAITHFUL! SO FAITHFUL.

During each change He provided exactly what we needed. He provided the support, the understanding, the wisdom, the strength, the friendship, the funding and even many surprises along the way, wonderful surprises. We have learned to turn to Him, to trust Him, to seek Him, to rely on Him. We have learned that even though it is not easy we will have what we need for each transition in our lives. We have learned that just because we are in God’s will doesn’t mean that things will be perfect and easy. God never promises that things will be easy, but He does promise that He will provide; and He absolutely does!

In fact God has not only met our needs but He has exceeded our needs and surprised us with many sweet blessings along the way. Abundantly above and beyond what we could think or imagine. He has truly blown us away.

Though there have been many tough moments the blessings and learnings and the incredible goodness and faithfulness of God has made it all worth it.

We look forward to what is to come. We truly cannot even imagine what is to come and what God has in store. We simply trust our God and are excited to see what HE has in store for us. Can’t wait!

Ephesians 3:20

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work in us.


No comments: