Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Middle of the week musings...

I have been on time everyday this week
I can't wait for worship tonight
I am happy in love
I am changing my behavior towards people at work (I have been ugly and wrong)
I rearranged my desk yesterday
I love fall
The wind makes me nostalgic
God is so Faithful and Loving
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium is a GREAT movie
My new favorite show is Eli Stone
I am getting excited about Christmas!!!!
We are drawing our Secret Santa names today
Gas prices are much more plesant these days
I am excited about my two trips next week (Chicago & Mobile)
I can't wait for youth tonight
I am in love
The man God brought me blows me away
I love to hear God's voice
I love my new Prayer Portions Book
I have been meditating on the Love Chapter for weeks now it's helped
I love the holidays
I love the Lord with all my heart, all my strength, and all my mind!

To God be the glory for all the wonderful things in my life I would have none of them if it were not for Him...faith, family, friends, a job.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Now replace the word love with your name and see how many are true. I fail greatly here. This helps me to see where I need to consentrate and work harder.

When I get upset lately I just repeat the love chapter over and over in my head and it helps me to respond better and it calms me down. I have been surprised several times at how my anger has dissipated by repeating the love chapter in my head before responding to what made me upset.

Thank you Lord for your Word and your work in me. I love you Father. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: