Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Update

I am trying to be a more faithful blogger...we'll see...

This weekend was really good. Good and balanced, which is quite the miracle for me.

Friday:
* I went to a viewing, my mom's friend died of cancer. Cancer really is the saddest disease. I was so proud of my mom and her support of her friend though. And I was glad I went to support mom as well.
* Dinner with my sweetie
* To some friends house for a fun night of games and laughter

Saturday:
* Slept in until 9ish
* Laundry/cleaning!!! Yes!!
* Lunch with my sweetie
* Dinner & Movie with my family - we ate outside on the deck, it was really nice!!!

Sunday:
* Youth Sunday School
* Children's Church - Very good!!!
* Lunch at Uncle Monks with family & friends
* Dairy Queen for ice cream
* Home for Sunday afternoon lounging
* A Night Of Worship - SO VERY AWESOME!!!
* Quick dinner with my sweetie
* Bed early!


And this morning I got up early and had devotion time. It doesn't get much better than that!!!

It was a very good weekend. It's so nice to have the time to clean my house and get some things done that really needed to be done. It's amazing how dirty a house can get when you don't have time for general maintenance. There is still much to be done but the house is clean in all the important places!! And I love it!!!

It's also nice to that the weekend was fairly stress free, and this was a first in a while.

And last night I just gave EVERYTHING to the Lord. I just couldn't carry the stuff that I was carrying anymore. And my Heavenly Father graciously took all that I gave and responded with "I am pleased with you. You have done right. I am pleased with you." WOW!! Now how can you not break down and weep from sheer relief when you hear the Heavenly Father tell you that He is pleased with you. What an incredible moment. To know that what I am doing is good and pleasing in the sight of the Creator, the Lord. Wow. That broke me, definately. I have never felt like I was pleasing or good or that I have done things well. Especially not lately. The Father knows just what we need, Always.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad you had a great weekend :) I need to meet this "sweety" guy!

Jen