Friday, February 27, 2009

Tale of the stranded kitty

Outside Kitty

That's her name alright, she lives outside so that's just who she is. She showed up and started hanging around. She is sweet and petitie and loving. My neighbor and I sort of share joint custody of her. Ha. Actually she belongs more to my neighbor because she now feeds her and has taken her inside. I couldn't becuase my kitty Tater is not all about sharing his space. But Mr. Wonderful and I shower her with lots of love when we are chillin on the porch.

Well yesterday Outside Kitty ended up in the pine tree in front of my lil apartment. She was stranded up there ALL day. We tried everything to get her down. Food, calling her, coaching her, calling the fire dept (who never showed up - gee I guess they don't save lil kitties stranded in trees anymore - gggrrr), throwing tennis balls at her (so not my idea and I was not happy about it). Poor baby was up high in that tree literally all day and well into the night.

She evidently fell out of the tree when the wind picked up last night. Poor baby. I hear she has a limp right now but I haven't gotten to see her. I need to hold my sweet Outside Kitty. She had a tramatic experience and I just want to hold her and tell her everything is going to be okay.

Doesn't that just break your heart. I felt so helpless. I hated that I couldn't just scale that tree and rescue my lil kitty.

Tater I am sure taunted her from every window all day. Mean lil man. But maybe he was sending sweet kitty wave of encouragement to her instead. I DOUBT IT!

So NO THANKS to our local Fire Department for their help! Sheesh, is it too much to ask to raise you ladder to save a sweet precious scared kitty.
Here's Sweet lil Outside Kitty...


1 comment:

JMBMOMMY said...

:( That is soo sad. I befriended a outside kitty that just hung out when I was in middle school--and she LOVED me eventually. It took months to get her to come to me! She eventually felt like MY kitty! Then before I graduated from high school...she disappeared :(