Thursday, March 26, 2009

Great Day

My day off yesterday really was just what I needed.

Want to know what I did...

NOTHING.

I slept in till 10:40ish, go up showered, went and got a bad haircut.

Came home crawled back into bed and cuddled with my kitty all day watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, What Not To Wear, 10 Years Younger, and Supernanny while it rained outside.

I got up around 4:00 and got ready for church.

It was so nice just to be able to slow down and rest for a while. It was a quiet and peaceful day and I really needed it.

Church last night was great. I just love to tarry in the presence of the Lord. And before bed I got in some much much much much overdue study time and prayer with the Lord.

I have been REALLY slacking in my devotional time lately and it's unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.

What am I supposed to give out if I am not pouring stuff in. How am I supposed to handle the stresses that come in life if I am not DAILY before the Lord seeking His face and His strength and will.

I also got in a quick mani & pedi before bed.

My Heavenly Father is so gracious to supply just what we need when we need it. I am so thankful for His unconditional love and mercy showered on me daily. I do not deserve it but what He gives has nothing to do with me being deserving, I am so thankful.

And now it's Thursday and tomorrow is Friday - Yipee!! I get to go visit my best friend and lil nephew tomorrow night.

This is Logan my lil nephew...he is so adorable and I can't wait to see him agian!


And Saturday is looking to be a day spent at home sleeping in and cleaning. And Sunday is one of my favorite events of the year. New Life Bucks Dessert Auction!! So much fun, except this year I don't get to eat the desserts. O'well skinniness will be better than that!!!

Have a great day.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a PERFECT day off, yayaya!!!

JMBMOMMY said...

Sounds perfect to me!!!